You can all probably guess by now that I love condensed milk. It’s super amazing. It makes my breakfast milo at home taste good, goes really well with Thai Iced Tea, and basically just makes any dessert item taste good. I guess the list of things you could make with condensed milk is endless.
When I first saw this recipe for condensed milk cookies on Raspberri Cupcakes, I knew I had to try it. It’s taken me 9 months to get down to it, but I’m glad I did.
As with when I try a recipe for the first time, I made no changes to it. And the cookies turned out stunning. I put coconut shavings & funfetti sprinkles on top just to make it a little more special. Didn’t really like the idea of putting chocolate chips in (shall leave that for the ultimate chocolate chip recipe) so I just left them that way.
The cookies were fragrant, crispy but not hard and really buttery. I also liked how they weren’t too sweet (like how some cookies usually end up) and left a good after taste. These are really simple to make and would be perfect for a tea party.
P.S. I only had an hour to make them and had no problems at all. Also, Steph warns that the dough may be very sticky. I managed to work with it in the super hot and humid Singapore climate so I don’t think it should be much of an issue. Just work fast :)
- 100g butter, softened
- 95g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (about 125g) self-raising flour
- Topping of your choice (in my case dessicated coconut & sprinkles)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two cookie sheets with baking paper
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high until smooth and fluffy
- Add condensed milk and beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl every now and then to ensure it mixes evenly. Do it slowly, it helps the condensed milk mix better with the butter
- Use a spatula and stir in the flour. It will come together to form a dough
*Make sure you do not over work the dough or you’ll get something very hard
- Roll into little cookie dough balls of your preferred size
- I prepared a bowl of sprinkles and coconut (separate) and dipped the cookies into the toppings
- Place on the baking tray
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes
- Eat, but do not finish it alone